- Sign petitions and letters (links below) calling for the Canadian government to repeal the Safe Third Country Agreement.
- Donate to local and national organizations providing front line support to refugees (more info to be provided in a Links page)
- Wear a button to show support and speak with family, friends and neighbors about this issue (the buttons we created were very popular at the events we participated in).
- Attend a demonstration to signal your support.
- Email, write, phone or tweet: your local MP and government ministers to state your views: Claude DeBellefeuille, MP for Salaberry-Suroit, and Brenda Shanahan, MP for Chateauguay-Lacolle); Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Ahmed Hussen; Minister of Public Security Ralph Goodale and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. For a list of their e-mail addresses and phone numbers in Ottawa CLICK HERE.
- July 2018: Given the latest actions by President Trump in the USA, we have written an urgent letter to Prime Minister Trudeau to demand the abolition of the Safe Third Country Agreement. We invite you to write a letter or e-mail yourself. You can use the list of addresses and talking points that we have compiled on this page.
- In May 2019 we wrote an urgent letter to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration to protest changes to refugee law found in the massive Budget Bill C97. Refugee claimants who have made a prior claim for asylum in the USA will be denied access to a full refugee hearing in Canada. These changes have since been voted into law by Parliament despite the escalating attacks on the US refugee system by the Trump administration. You can write a letter yourself, as well as read our letter HERE.
- Refugee Travel is Essential! If you are concerned about the effects of the STCA and border closure on people seeking protection in Canada, you can join the campaign by the Canadian Refugee Lawyers Association (CARL) to end the Safe Third Country Agreement and to stop returning asylum seekers back to the USA.
Sign the letter to the Ministers of Immigration and Public Safety and to your local MP HERE. It only takes a few seconds.
- Contact us: email@example.com.